By Elizabeth Aughey
Organized through body-system, this hugely illustrated quantity covers the traditional histological visual appeal of tissues in quite a lot of animals, either household and unique species, with proper scientific correlates emphasizing the necessity to have fun with the traditional so that it will realize the irregular. The breadth of coverage―farm animals, canine, cats, horses, birds, reptiles, amphibians, and fish―and the combination of standard and irregular tissue supply a reference of lasting price to veterinary scholars, veterinary practitioners, and pathologists.
Read Online or Download Comparative veterinary histology : with clinical correlates PDF
Best veterinary medicine books
Joanna Swabe's well timed paintings seems at human-animal relatives from antiquity to BSE and cloning, contending that veterinary wisdom and perform has performed an important function in human background.
Biofilms are implicated in lots of universal clinical difficulties together with urinary tract infections, catheter infections, middle-ear infections, dental plaque, gingivitis, and a few much less universal yet extra deadly strategies corresponding to endocarditis and infections in cystic fibrosis. despite the fact that, the real significance of biofilms within the total means of disorder pathogenesis has just recently been famous.
This booklet developed from a sequence of lectures and laboratories given by way of Dr. Kenneth McEntee to scholars at Cornell college, the college of Illinois, and Tufts collage and is predicated on tissues from over 20,000 situations of reproductive ailment within the foreign Registry of Reproductive Pathology, based through Dr.
No different identify bargains such commitment to the intensity, event, and concentration of endocrinology as dogs and pussycat Endocrinology, 4th version. finished insurance comprises almost each universal and unusual situation in endocrinology, plus the main up-to-date details on nutrients, geriatric care, pathophysiology, checking out techniques, and low cost and expedient diagnostic protocols.
- Clinical laboratory animal medicine : an introduction
- Respiratory diseases of the horse : a problem-oriented approach to diagnosis and management
- Mycoplasma diseases of ruminants
- Equine Acute Abdomen
- Small Animal Medical Diagnosis
- The Morphology and Pathogenicity of the Bladder Worms: Cysticercus cellulosae and Cysticercus bovis
Additional resources for Comparative veterinary histology : with clinical correlates
18). The eosinophils are about 7 +m in diameter and rounded granules are present in the cytoplasm. They are less regularly rounded than are the heterophils and most have a bilobed nucleus. The specific granules are round or oval and smaller than the granules of the heterophils. 20). The basophil is more numerous than in the mammal; the granules are deep blue staining. 22). The bone marrow haemopoietic tissue is basically similar to the mammalian, with the notable absence of megakaryocytes. 16 Blood (bird).
Masson’s trichrome. ×100. 27 Dense connective tissue. Vagina (sheep). The collagen fibres are stained green. Masson’s trichrome. ×160. 27 39 Comparative Veterinary Histology with Clinical Correlates Special types of connective tissue Reticular tissue is composed of numerous reticular fibres and stellate reticular cells, forming a supportive network for structures such as the spleen, lymph node, kidney and bone marrow. Elastic tissue, characterized by numerous regularly or irregularly arranged elastic fibres, is exemplified by the ligamentum nuchae and the elastic fascia of the ruminant abdomen.
125. 29 Endocrine glands Endocrine glands have no ducts. 29). Detailed discussion of these glands can be found in Chapter 10. 29 Pars distalis of the adenohypophysis (pituitary gland; cat). The secretory cells are closely associated with a rich network of blood vessels. H & E. ×200. Clinical correlates A large variety of benign and malignant epithelial tumours are recognized in domestic animals. 30. The neoplastic cells are large with abundant eosinophilic cytoplasm and form nests where cells differentiate and keratinize towards the centres.
Comparative veterinary histology : with clinical correlates by Elizabeth Aughey