By Mike Weed
Olympic Tourism is the 1st textual content to target the character of Olympic tourism and the opportunity of the Olympic video games to generate tourism within the run as much as and lengthy after the internet hosting of a video games. The awarding of the 2012 Olympics to London will see an expanding curiosity within the phenomena of setting up, coping with and analysing the problems which encompass mega-event recreation tourism. this article will handle those matters and utilizing precise case research of past and destiny video games, talk about the best way to maximise the luck of handling tourism at those occasions. Written from a global standpoint this article offers the reader with:
- An exploration of the connection among activity, tourism and the Olympic Games
- A advisor on easy methods to identify Olympic tourism as a phenomenon that is going a ways past the visits of spectators, athletes, officers and dignitaries in the course of the video games themselves.
- An exam of the element of Olympic tourism flows earlier than, in the course of and after the Games
- Analysis of the needful partnerships among more than a few activity, tourism, Olympic and different enterprises to effectively leverage and convey greatest tourism benefits
- The instruments to attract classes from case reports of prior and imminent wintry weather and summer season Olympic video games within the twenty first Century
- A dialogue of the aptitude tourism legacies of the Olympic Games
Olympic Tourism is a well timed reaction to this overseas curiosity and may be an important source for those learning and instructing on recreation, tourism and the Olympics.
Read Online or Download Olympic Tourism PDF
Best miscellaneous books
This primary quantity within the Raceplane Tech sequence positive aspects the evolution of the area record-setting crimson Baron global Jet Mustang improvement and racing background the evolution of omit Ashley II, airframe and cockpit transformations, together with Lear Jet wings F-86 tail Griffon engine improvement and limitless racing effects.
This article lines the evolution of activities improvement within the united kingdom within the context of broader shifts in recreation and social coverage. It explores the emergence of activities improvement from the early years of public coverage for game within the Nineteen Sixties to the contemporary era. This research is determined opposed to a heritage of coverage tasks, from 'Sport For All', 'Action activity' and CCT, to the nationwide Lottery and the modern emphasis on recreation as an element within the social and cultural overall healthiness of the kingdom.
This quantity bargains a brand new and interdisciplinary remedy of syllabic writing in historic Cyprus. A workforce of exotic students tackles epigraphic, palaeographic, linguistic, archaeological, historic and terminological difficulties with regards to the island's writing platforms within the past due Bronze Age and Iron Age, from the looks of writing round the 15th century all the way down to the top of the 1st millennium BC.
This e-book makes use of the paintings of Jurgen Habermas to interrogate relaxation as a significant, theoretical inspiration. Drawing on examples from recreation, tradition and tourism, and going past matters in regards to the grand undertaking of relaxation, Spracklen argues that rest is critical to knowing wider debates approximately id, postmodernity and globalization.
- Tycoons, Scorchers, and Outlaws: The Class War That Shaped American Auto Racing
- Sport and Body Politics in Japan
- Elements of Mind: An Introduction to the Philosophy of Mind
- Body by Weimar: Athletes, Gender, and German Modernity
- Soccer, Culture and Society in Spain: An Ethnography of Basque Fandom
- Resistance Band Workbook: Illustrated Step-by-Step Guide to Stretching, Strengthening and Rehabilitative Techniques
Extra info for Olympic Tourism
At a lake or coastal venue) and the accommodation is provided nearby (Jennings, 2003). Sailing providers include commercial boat hire companies and marina developers, specialist commercial sailing holiday operators (that own a lake, equipment, and accommodation) or networks of sailing clubs from the ‘not-for-proﬁt’ sector that organize exchange visits. In each of these cases, the prospect or the actuality of having been an Olympic venue will obviously be a fairly ‘unique selling proposition’ for most of these organizations and the wider destination in which they are located.
In Reeves (2000) study of elite British track and ﬁeld athletes Club La Santa was a regular training venue. However, a smaller related study also described a trip to the facility by a small amateur squash club for ‘advanced instruction’. The members of the club all contributed towards the cost of taking their own coach with them, and they emphasized that, while the purpose of the trip was squash coaching, all ability levels could join in and beneﬁt from the trip. Here, as with the ‘learn to’ element, Olympic venues have a distinct competitive advantage for advanced instruction over other sports training venues that can not offer the kudos of a link to the Olympic rings.
However, the global cultural importance of the Olympics should not be underestimated. The way Olympic hosts interpret the Olympics and the venues chosen can be a representation of host culture. For example, the archery competition in the London 2012 Games is set to be held at Lords, the home of cricket, and the customs and symbols of cricket and this venue are often seen as being derived from a particular view of Englishness. Conversely, Australia, which hosted the 2000 Games in Sydney, would interpret cricket in an entirely different way, seeing it as a way of demonstrating a particularly rugged Australian identity where sport is a key part of the national character.
Olympic Tourism by Mike Weed